Freqently Asked Questions from TCP Global
Our helpful staff has noticed that certain questions occur frequently about our products and have helped compile these questions and their answers. We have grouped these questions into five main categories:
- Airbrushing and Airbrushes
- Paints and the Painting Process
- Sprayguns and Spray Painting
- General questions, including payment and shipping options
Feel free to browse our list of questions -- you may find one you hadn't thought to ask. If, after browsing our list of questions, you couldn't get a sufficient answer or didn't see your own question addressed, feel free to call our factory-trained personnel.
Call (858) 909-2110 to place Orders or (858) 909-2120 for Product Info and Technical Support. Our staff is on call from 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday thru Friday, Pacific Time (both lines) and from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, Pacific Time (order line only).
- What's the difference between single action and double action?
- What types of paints can I use in my airbrush?
- When I try to spray my airbrush, I get bubbles back into paint and no paint comes out. Why?
- Can I run multiple airbrushes off one compressor?
- What is the purpose of having a tank on the compressor?
- Should I get a gravity-fed or siphon-fed airbrush?
- I want to be able to airbrush fingernails, what type of airbrush do I need?
- How do I clean my airbrush without damaging it?
- Can I use an airbrush to spray clear coat on my projects?
- Can I use an airbrush for make-up and tanning?
- You have a very a wide selection of products and brands. Why do you have so many products?
- Why is it important to take care of my paint finish?
- What is the best way to apply the products?
- What is the difference between Dual-action, Orbital or Rotary machines?
- I have heard a lot about detailing clay, what does it do?
- What is the best and safest way to clean my wheels?
- Wax, paint, sealant...what's the difference?
- Is there anything wrong with automated car places/carwashes?
- What is acid rain?
- What other steps can I take to protect my paint finish?
- What type of paint should I use to repaint my car?
- What does medium, slow and fast mean when ordering paint?
- What primer do I use for bare metal?
- Can I use brand X paint or clear with brand A additives?
- Can I spray lacquer over Acrylic enamel or urethanes?
- Can I clear over acrylic enamel?
- Can you mix old/vintage car colors for me?
- What is meant by a Three Stage Paint System?
- What is the FLASH time?
- Can I paint over my existing finish?
- How many coats of paint do I need to apply?
- My spray gun pattern is not even and seems to be heavier in certain spots. What can I do to prevent this?
- How do I prevent/reduce the amount of orange peel?
- What is the difference between a standard gravity-feed gun and an HVLP gravity-feed gun?
- What does CFM and PSI mean?
- My gun seems to allow air from the fluid tip to escape while my trigger is closed. How do I prevent this?
- My gun keeps dripping fluid when I close my trigger. Why?
- Why can't I go as fast with my HVLP than I used to with my conventional?
- Is soaking in solvent the best and easiest way to clean my gun?
- I have heard of turbine HVLP. Where would I use that?
- Will a turbine spray automotive paint as well?
- How can I combine an item from your TCP Global website to my pending ebay order?
- What service of shipping was my ebay item sent out and how can I track?
- What can I use to tint the Tintable Truck Bed Liner?
- Can I use Custom Shop pearls & flake with other paint systems?
- Can body filler be thinned?
- What is the best way to prevent fisheyes?
- Can we use an automotive two-component Urethane clear on top of Zolatone 20 Series?
- Does TCP GLOBAL ship internationally?
- How do I redeem my TCP GLOBAL Gift Certificate?
- Do you accept checks and money orders?